ADVERTISING YOUR SMALL AUSTRALIAN BUSINESS
Advertising is an effective way to promote or sell your product or service. Understand the benefits of different advertising types, what to include in your advertisements, and your legal obligations.
There are numerous reasons why you need to promote your business, though the primary one is to inform the public about what you can offer them. You need to let the public know that you can provide a solution with your products and services. You have to establish communication with the public in order for your business to survive.
Benefits of advertising
Advertising is a marketing activity that can help you to reach out to potential customers and encourage them to buy your products or services. The benefits of advertising is easily explained by COG Branding as we’re a leading Sydney design agency, we know how crucial advertising can be to your businesses success. There are many types of advertising, such as outdoor adverting that essentially print marketing, which is still an effective and widely used form of marketing.
The main benefits of print design advertising includes:
- Quality Print Design can help you stand out from your competition – Having a professional assortment of print materials can help differentiate you from your competitors. As majority of businesses rush to digital marketing, print can help your business by complementing your online strategy.
- Print Is A Tangible Good – A lot of consumers still prefer print. Print materials give your customers something that is solid that remains in sight and in their mind.
- Reach All Target Audiences – Not all target audiences are tech savvy. There is a growing amount of evidence to suggest that traditional industries prefer print.
- Solidify Your Brand – The more touch points your business offers your customers dramatically helps brand recall and brand awareness. This can help increase saves and overall brand equity.
An effective advertising campaign can help you to:
- increase customer reach
- build customer awareness of your business and brand
- promote the benefits of your products or services
- communicate information about your business
- increase sales and demand
- gain an advantage over your competitors.
What to include in your advertisements
For your advertising to be successful you need to set yourself apart from your competitors and grab your audience’s attention. Identify your target market and tailor your message to connect with those customers.
When creating your ad:
- use a powerful headline
- tailor your message to suit your target audience
- talk about the benefits of your products or services
- have a call-to-action for the audience to take
- use exciting images and testimonials if relevant
- always deliver on what you promise.
Types of advertising
Examples of advertising media include:
- digital advertising
- social media
- Google Search and Display Ads
- Email Marketing
- print (for example, in specialist magazines read by your target audience)
- cinema advertising
- billboards and transit signs
- door-to-door sales.
With a range of choices, finding the best advertising mix for your business can be challenging. The advertising you choose should be considerate to your business and your budget, and most importantly the types of media your target audience accesses.
For example, social media may be a free or low-cost way to advertise, but is used differently across different age groups. Make sure your target audience accesses your advertising platform. You may benefit from using a mix of media.
Digital Marketing and Advertising
Digital advertising allows you to reach a larger target audience, all over the world, 24 hours a day. You can focus your efforts on your ideal buyer and build a community around your product or service. You can reach your customers and your customers can engage with you in a two-way format.
Essentially, digital marketing is a comprehensive network of strategies operating simultaneously to achieve a common goal. There may be several digital marketing campaigns running and each of these may serve a totally different purpose. Even those each of these campaigns may be working across a variety of platforms ultimately they would all be attempting to achieve a common goal set by the marketer.
Depending on your type of business will determine what strategies are implemented to work together to drive relevant traffic to a business (either online or off). The overall purpose of this traffic is to result in a sale and convert a one time visitor into a returning, loyal customer. Well structured campaigns may use any combination of a number of different digital marketing strategies.
Some digital options include:
- social media advertising
- mobile app advertising
- email marketing
- online promotion through website banner ads, display ads, keywords and video.
With digital advertising, you can:
- track your customers
- analyse their buying behaviour
- customise your message to their preferences.
The way COG Branding is structured ensures we are providing brand, marketing and technology solutions for Australian small businesses that are underpinned by true value. Our approach is in large part due to the robust structure of our broader business model. It’s this that is most valuable to our clients. COG Branding advertises your small Australian business